"this world is like a book and those who do not travel read only one page of it" from(i don know) .. My photos dont let me down like my words i guess.So i post more photos than writing lots........

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hampi Revisited.......

Exactly at the same time last year I went to Hampi .This time after a year at the same time I went to Hampi again.But I went on a road trip on my bike with 3 friends from here and we were joined by one more friend over there.

A huge wave of nostalgia hit me once I reached Hampi after a 400km ride.

1-----For starters Hampi is an ancient town filled with architectural ruins.Its surrounded bu huge rock formations and in the middle the small town had unending sets of ruined temples..Its almost deserted at this time of the year......
Some of the photos of the Hampi trip taken by me and my friends....


Stone Car

We crossed the windmills some 200kms before Hampi.

All these stone pillars were always on top of rocks.........


Blue skies,Ruined temples and emptiness is all that is left of Hampi now.....

12 Comments:

Blogger Mridula said...

So you find windmills to on the way to Hampi! Lovely pictures.

June 20, 2006 6:58 PM

 
Blogger Merili said...

I love ancient cities... :) nice shots and I agree with mridula, how did u find windmills there? :)

June 21, 2006 6:22 PM

 
Blogger Kris said...

wow! those are some amazing scenes! and your love the wide angle shots! the most intriguing for me is the stone car!

June 21, 2006 7:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

really beautiful achitecture:-)) nice capture wt a great blue sky

June 22, 2006 2:37 AM

 
Blogger Ash said...

Gorgeous stone work and blue skies...perfect!

June 22, 2006 11:14 AM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@Mridula:Yeh on the way from Bangalore some 200-250 kms before reaching Hampi..

@merili:Yeh they teach us so much.And trye its a ancient civilization which flourished in the 11th century but modern day technology has managed to reach some 200 kms near the city to plant wind mills.

@Kris.Yup that was some incredible piece of architecture.The carvins are too intricate with a lot of details which cannot be captured in a photo.

@outdoor::I always loved the contrast of the rocks and the blue skies in Hampi.

@ash:Thanks madame.......

June 22, 2006 12:27 PM

 
Blogger Nicola said...

Wow, amazing buildings! They must be very old. Love the stone decorations. What religion was the temple for?

June 22, 2006 10:57 PM

 
Blogger Manuel Tendero Gil said...

muy buenas fotografias un saludo

June 24, 2006 4:10 AM

 
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

Wow... I've missed out on a few of your adventures :\

Great photos though :) I'm also loving the stone car, thats awsome!

Thanks for sharing


~K

June 24, 2006 7:09 AM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@Nicola:They were 11th century Hindu temples...
@zeb:Thanks
@manuel:I am not sure what you are trying to say but thanks anyways.
@fingerett:welcome bak.......

June 26, 2006 1:20 PM

 
Blogger Lore said...

Wow!! i love ancient places, they have a magnificent feeling... I wish i could be there!!!

July 07, 2006 4:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

March 07, 2007 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home