"this world is like a book and those who do not travel read only one page of it" from(i don know) .. My photos dont let me down like my words i guess.So i post more photos than writing lots........

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Time Travel

Bimbetka--A recently discoreved archelogical site in the middle of Madya Pradesh Jungles which contains cave paintings which are dated to 2000-10000 yrs old.










The white images are dated to be 10000 yrs old.Its amazing just to stand in that place surrounded by the jungle and there are these huge rocks and to see some painting which was done much before any written script was invented.
Entering that forrest is like teleporting urself 10000 yrs back.













Sanchi Stupa--The Stupa build in 1st century AD by the great emperor Ashoka who adopted Buddhism after seeing so much blood in Kalinga war.The full size shows the intricate inscriptions of Jataka tales on the sides of the pillar.













In front of a temple in Orrcha.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Very nice images....particularly love the Sanchi Stupa.

January 23, 2007 12:42 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Man. how to get there.. to Bimbetka..?

January 23, 2007 1:57 PM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@ash:Thanks..

@arvind: Bimbhetka is 30-40 kms from Bhopal.But I rode from Nagpur.
The nearest town is Obdullagunj and I had made friends with Bimbetka forrest ranger and one interesting person in Obdullagunj...So if u r planning to go do let me know and u can explore this place of unlimited secrets.

January 24, 2007 6:01 PM

 
Blogger Lakshmi said...

Hi,

Lovelypics...Its been my dream to go to Bimbetka and do the Buddhism tour - Bodhgaya , Sanchi stupa- in fact was just reading about it today in one of the inflight mags-maybe this year I will get there

January 24, 2007 10:07 PM

 
Blogger Merili said...

Oh wow, i'd lofe to see this in person. The cave paintings looks so amazing and when you think about it there are so many of those that haven't been discovered yet...

January 26, 2007 4:51 PM

 
Blogger Lakshmi said...

hi . Thanks for visiting my blog..just went through all your blogs and I think my personal favorities are Kerala, Hampi and Kurumgad Islands ..amazing pics - and theres a lot of depth in some of them

January 27, 2007 11:01 PM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@backpakker:Welcome..Always nice to get to know a fellow bkpkr..The Buddist centres tour u r talking abt even I want to do that.Bimbetka is fantastic.U should go ter..Photographs will not do justice to the feeling of standing ter .

@merili: In person is the word...U should..

January 29, 2007 3:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shot of ancient paining...awesome:-)

January 30, 2007 11:54 PM

 
Blogger "K" Fingerett said...

wow... I'm loving the paintings-- I wish I could have been there to see them for myself

wonderful post, my friend ^_^

Thanks for stopping by while I was away :)


~K

February 03, 2007 6:09 AM

 
Blogger Mridula said...

How did you find Orcha? It has been on my list for a long time and it is not too far away from Delhi too, but the problem now would be that summer will soon be here and most of the places in the plains will be too hot to visit.

February 03, 2007 12:18 PM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@fingerette:Thanks.You should stand there and see them..Thats entirely a different experience.

@Mridula:Its been there in my list for quite sometime.You should got there and spend atleast 3-4 days.Its wonderful

February 06, 2007 1:04 PM

 
Blogger paraballein said...

The cave paintings are awesome. I almost touched the stone walls. The thought makes me go wild. Great travelling!

February 13, 2007 3:47 AM

 
Blogger backpack_everyday said...

@cummerbund:It is really extreme wen u stand ter infront of them.Its like a teleport.

February 16, 2007 1:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home